Monday, May 16, 2011

A raccoon?



This past week all the trees leafed out. There were 4-5 days of warm weather and then this past weekend it was rainy giving the newly planted trees a good soaking. As I was walking along the back fence on Sunday looking at the interesting flowering bushes (see the Canada plum flowers in the above picture) I noticed a beast scurry a way in a neighbouring backyard. I only saw it for a second and from the back but I believe it was the largest raccoon I have ever seen. It was the size of a small dog but had the heavy body and overall body shape of a raccoon. There are many paths such as the one below between the backyards and the berm so I'll count this sighting as one raccoon for the berm.



In bloom:
Trilliums
violets
forget-me-nots
winter cress
dandelions
common speedwell
elderberry
Canada plum
Downy serviceberry
choke cherry
crabapple
ajuga
daffodil (escapee)
solomon's seal

No comments:

Post a Comment